Each and every day, the Loras College community is humbled by your
generosity and grateful for your gifts of time, treasure and advocacy
toward the Inspiring Lives & Leadership campaign.
In the past 12 months, Loras College raised an astounding $15.7
million in cash, pledges and planned gifts—a 28 percent increase
over last year. Of that total, we received $8.3 million alone in cash
donations, the second highest amount of total cash received in our
176-year history. Moreover, Loras saw an increase in donors for the
sixth consecutive year. In fact, donors graduating in the last decade
increased by 29 percent, contrary to national trends related to donor
In addition, our 2014-2015 fiscal year broke three historic records. First,
we received $8.7 million in documented planned gifts—a 30 percent
increase over last year. Secondly, and for the third consecutive year in
a row, Loras set a new high with 36 new Heritage Society members, or
those who have confirmed that they have included the College in their
estate plans. Finally, Loras College shattered another record on Duhawk
Day, with 1,477 donors raising nearly $602,000 in only 24 hours.
The Inspiring Lives & Leadership campaign has focused on the people
of Loras College, providing crucial support to our faculty, students and
future generations to come. Since the campaign's launch, we are proud to announce campaign funds have supported the
- Establishing more than 89 new scholarship funds helping to
make a college education possible for students with financial
- Creating nine new endowed funds, including the MBA Founding
Director Chair and the Andrew P. Studdert Chair of Business Ethics and
Crisis Leadership, enhancing the educational experience of Loras
College students and ensuring we attract and retain world-class
professors by providing dedicated resources and instruction
- Establishing the Loras College Poll, conducting faculty-student
surveys several times each year focused on political and social
issues of interest that has garnered national and international
media attention ranging from the Wall Street Journal and CNN to
Real Clear Politics and the Washington Post.
- Funding and supporting the Loras College Center for Business
Analytics, the MBA in business analytics and the business
analytics certificate program.
- Initiating paid internships for students at nearly 30 Dubuque area
- Sponsoring choral ensemble performances at Carnegie Hall, the
Iowa Music Educators' Association Conference and Mysteries of
Christmas in addition to student retreats and music ministry
- Providing faculty development grants and funding faculty student
research in biology and neuroscience.
- Celebrating interdisciplinary learning and showcasing our
academic achievements, service learning and creative projects
through the creation of the annual Loras College Legacy
Symposium: Presentations of Research, Creativity and Service
- Creating the Global Scholars Program, offering Chinese
language classes, cultural programming and study abroad
courses in China.
- Providing handicapped accessibility to Christ the King Chapel.
- Constructing the Duhawk Plaza through the generosity of the 1970's
football alumni group.
- Offering varying degrees of support for our 23 varsity men's and
- Updating our nationally-ranked media studies students' digital
media lab in Hoffmann Hall and remodeling a new classroom
and student lounge in the St. Joseph Hall of Science.
- Renovating Keane Hall to house the Loras College Center for
Business Analytics and improved faculty offices and classrooms.